Buddhas Anyone?

Buddhas Anyone?

Sunday, January 30, 2011

More market food and one wild ride

This is me in the back of a tuk-tuk getting one wild ride back to my hotel


This is the flourish of the seafood-"sciver" \cooked in a cast iron pan with little scoop shapes in it.  I discussed this at length below and this is the cook very amused that I was so interested.  I tried to move the photo so it was in the correct order but it is just not going to happen....
These fish look like they are singing or laughing and they have been cooked  as a chorus!


A squid on a very hot fire

The driver of the tuk-tuk I was having the very wild ride in and this sort of loses it's impact not in the correct order.  Tsk.
These are deep fried bugs.  REALLY BIG bugs.  I guess if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.  They had A LOT of bugs to choose from.  As hard as I tried to accept the idea I had a really hard time.  these were the only ones I photographed.  They even had a huge pit of live crickets that they were grabbing and frying to order.  I know, they are a great source of protein.

I hope you can see this- it is this awesome mussel omelet frying in this amazing cooking contraption.  You can see that as they take them out they stuff them with bean sprouts

Here they are, those mussel omelets ready to buy!

This is a similar cooking contraption but this time it has a cast iron pan on top that is filled with an egg and rice batter, loaded with all sorts of seafood and cooked.  I took a few pictures of this operation because she was amazing to watch...

Stage 2 as the it is all cooking, well, frying together...

Then she lifts it all in one piece off the griddle

No comments:

Post a Comment