Buddhas Anyone?

Buddhas Anyone?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

OMG

 I should have named this Blog OMG.  Every day has been filled with shock and awe.  I don't know where to begin so I will begin with today.....I just arrived into Chang Mai to the Le Meridian (turned out to be the perfect choice and location) and right outside our hotel is the Night Market.  Like it is our lobby.  Beautiful Silk, handmade clothing, toys, antiques, food, beer and massages.  within 2 hours Dale and I had had our eyes filled with spectacular colors of silk of all varieties of textures and sizes.  We walked and marveled then had beer, fried rice, passion fruit sorbet and a massage.  A perfect evening.  It is refreshing to be in mountains after the hectic smoggy intensity of Bangkok.  It is much cooler and quieter here.

The surprise was expecting to fly our one hour flight on a small commuter flight and boarding a 747!  I didn't know it could go up and down in one hour.  The flight was filled with Japanese golfers and ESL teachers on their way to a conference here.  we were met by lovely Heifer staff folks and were relieved to finally unload my 2 extra pieces of luggage that I had been traveling with school supplies to give to the 2 schools we will be visiting tomorrow in Chaing Doa.  I have no idea where that is but I know it is 2 hours north of here.  We will leave at 7:30 a.m. to visit schools and families and animals.  I have been technologically challenged and overwhelmed by Bangkok so after a full week or more on my adventure this is my first post.  I have amazing photos to share-mostly of food and once I figure out how to make that happen I will share!

I am having the time of my life.  Love to all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Keep them coming, love to hear about your travels. Looking forward to more pictures. Expecially liked the laundry one! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete