Buddhas Anyone?

Buddhas Anyone?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All right, now I am a Mahout with a certificate to prove it!

Trying to climb aboard this poor elephant.  Her name is Thok Kam and she is 54 years old.  She was very patient with me.  The Mahouts were also very patient with me helping me every step of the way-without laughing!  I was scared out of my mind.  I almost said "forget it. I can't do this" but they were so nice I kept trying to get over my fear....

When going up hills you have to hold on to her ears or else you may not stay on.  It doesn't hurt her.

Trying to get used to the feel of everything.  no seat belts here.  The Mahouts were trying to show me how to place my feet behind her ears

Going downhill you have to do the lean back and grab onto the rope around her "waist" .  Or else.

If you don't keep kicking her behind her ears yelling "Pai!" she will assume the walk is for her to eat and to an elephant everything green is food.



We went for a swim.  I was scared shitless.  And wet.

I got over it and actually enjoyed myself AAaaaand, I didn't fall off!  I am holding on to her ears...can you see her hair?  isn't it funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment