Buddhas Anyone?

Buddhas Anyone?

Friday, February 4, 2011

It had been 2 days since my last purchase....






The baby's name is Phil.  Here he is with his toy tire.

This is the Anatara lobby.  The best part about the hotel.  I got the room half off for $500 a night and the room and service sucked.  I hope the elephants get most of that dough!

Momma and baby Phil or Am in Thai

Me and Am

He got my hair pretty good.  Get a load of the hair on his head!

Spending all that time with the elephants really put me behind in my retail explorations but I fixed all that yesterday when I went to Mae Sai at the Burmese border to troll for antiques and boy did I find them.  Well, actually, I have no idea what I found but I bought it anyway.  No one spoke English so they couldn't explain to me what I was looking at, whether it was new or old or very old  or pure mass produced crap but I liked it and bought it and will research it all later.  Anyone know anything about Buddhist bibles or Burmese statues or opium weights?  Now I have SO MUCH STUFF I have to figure out how to ship it home before leaving for Bangkok in 24 hours!!  Aaaaaah.  Wish me luck.  ANYWAY, I have had a lot of fun playing with the elephants.  After leaving the lush, cozy wonder of my Four Season tent camp for Anatara Hotel, a hotel across the mountain from the Four Seasons I figured out that this is where all the elephants live and when you ask someone, anyone to take you to them they put me in a tuk tuk and took, took me there!  I was the only one asking because I was all alone with 10 elephants and one, very cute baby elephant 9 months old, still nursing with it's mother.  here are some of my highlights......

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lori!
    What an amazing Journey!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mercedes! I hope all of this stuff makes sense. I am not sure what I am doing with this blog stuff. All is well out here in Bali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Am was performing his role as a stylist. He thinks that his own 'do is pretty rockin, and he just wants you to feel as stylish :-)

    ReplyDelete